Finding the Best Location for Triage in an Ambulatory Setting
How The Kirklin Clinic at UAB Hospital used simulation and creative analysis to find the optimal location
- Find the best location to perform triage
- Investigate four possible scenarios:
- Convert office space into triage (1 station)
- Convert office space into triage (2 stations)
- Triage in exam room prior to physician examination
- Use an existing exam room as dedicated triage
- Reduced average check-in time by 46% (4.8 minutes to 2.6 minutes)
- Overall reduction in patient length of stay
- Recommendations to eliminate several non-value added activities
Interested in trying FlexSim Healthcare? Download the free version and get started today!
Copyright © 2019 FlexSim Software Products, Inc.
FlexSim®, FlexSim Healthcare™, Problem Solved.®, the FlexSim logo, the FlexSim X-mark, and the FlexSim Healthcare logo with stylized Caduceus mark are trademarks of FlexSim Software Products, Inc. All Rights Reserved.