ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-27-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute
Default make a tab page invisible

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea on how to make a tab page invisible? We have managed it by destroying and copying it in but that is a bit of a hassle. Something like windowshow doesn't seem to work but would be nice.

Steven
Old 01-27-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not aware of any really easy solution like windowshow(). The tabcontrol widget is pretty complex in the way it works with the tree structure to define how it behaves.

You can move the tabs out and call refreshview(), as you mentioned. I'm not sure that there is another way to do it.

You can avoid the flicker when you hide the tab if you use the sendwindowmessage() command to delete the tab. When you make the tab reappear though, you still have to call refreshview() so there is still a flicker. Either way, you still have to move the nodes out of the tree so that the tab that is showing is related to the correct panel.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 11-19-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-17-2011

Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

This is quite an old post but the question is related.
I dynamically replaces a tabpage and everything works. The only problem I have is that when I go to that tabpage the edges are past the bottom of the tabpage. If I resize the main GUI 1 pixel then it is fine again. I attached a picture. The bottom part is wrong, the top part is correct.

I've tried different options with refresh and repaint but I can't get it to work. Any suggestions anybody?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	EdgeGuiProblem.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1413  
Old 06-17-2011
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

I added and deleted tabs manually and refresh the view with the command refreshview() on the window. It just works fine.

Do you have an example?
Old 06-21-2011

Hi Carsten,

I attached a model with 1 red box in it. If you click on it and then on first tab page "Select Input Table Type" and there switch the selection in the drop down box and then look at the 2nd tabpage you will see the problem.
With the first switch it is even worse because the tabpage looks like it begins in the middle of the page but that can be solved by defining the richt x and y positions. Although it is still strange that it works ok if you enlarge the view with 1 pixel.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm BomGUiTest.fsm (40.1 KB, 151 views)
Old 06-22-2011
FlexSim Geek

Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

I find a salution with the attribute OnSelect on TabControl. I just set positions and sizes in this attribute. Please take a look.

I don't know why the tab control can't set the correct position itself?!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm BomGUiTest_CS.fsm (41.2 KB, 154 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for at least giving me a solution. But you are right it stays strange why it doesn't do this by itself.
Old 06-22-2011
FlexSim Geek

I found another solution

You can use the command
Code:
   tabcontrolrefresh(c);
in the attribute OnSelect in your tabcontrol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011

He Carsten,

This works even better. I just wrote it in the code where I also changed the tabs and it works!!

Thanks again
Old 06-22-2011
FlexSim Geek

Thumbs up

you are welcome
Old 07-05-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all
Default tabcontrolrefresh with pagelist

Hello,

I have updated the GUI mentioned above, to be more to the current (i.e. Flexsim 6) standard and have used a pagelist in the tabcontrol in stead of adding subpages directly.

If I now want to change a page, how do I do that properly? I have tried to change the name of the subnode in the pagelist (thepages), but if I use tabcontrolrefresh, the GUI is not updated.

If I use refreshview, the GUI is updated ok, but I also added the General Page (VIEW:/pages/shared/General) and if I use the refreshview, all the Flags are unchecked after the refreshview call.

Does anybody have a solution for this? So updating the tabcontrol, without losing all the Flags on the General page?

Esther

Tags
tab page show invisible

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hope someone to make a video tutorial about GUI qin tian Q&A 11 06-20-2013 10:17 AM
how to make a Rotary Rack? qin tian Q&A 14 09-04-2009 01:32 AM
How to make a subroutine? Enver Burak KORCAK Q&A 1 08-18-2008 08:30 AM
Make this GUI the Default Ortho GUI jellyboy Q&A 1 03-13-2008 09:11 AM